Wednesday 13 June 2012

Oriflame Beauty Colour Pro Eye Shadow Trio



Oriflame launched their popular Eyeshdow Trio in June 2011. The compact flips open to reveal 3 complimentary shades which can be used to create the smoky eye look, and has a draw which slides out from underneath containing 2 Eyeshadow brushes; 1 large round brush for applying and blending the eye shadow and 1 smaller, pointed brush for precise definition and smudging.

Pictured above is my Eye Shadow Trio in Smoky Black Code: 22918 containing Black, Silver and White shades of eyeshadow. The product is also available in five other shades: Smoky Brown, Bronze Taupe, Sheer Purple, Shimmering Green and Royal Blue.

How to apply Oriflame Beauty Pro Colour Eye Shadow Trio:

Oriflame's Recommendation
Step 1 - Start by dividing the eye into three sections - with the rounded applicator, apply the lightest shade in the inner corner, the medium shade in the middle and the darkest shade in the outer corner.

Step 2 - With the pointed applicator, smudge and contour the shadow, finishing in a triangle around the whole corner of the eye, swooping it slightly upwards to create the cat eye look featuring on the catwalks around the world.

My Recommendation and finished look
I found it easier to blend the shadow with a hair eyeshadow brush, as opposed to the the round sponge brush included. However, I did find the smaller brush useful to add the white to the inside corners of my eyes precisely and intensely. Below I'm wearing the Smoky Black version for an evening out, but for a day time smoky eye look I'd recommend the Smoky Brown version to complement a fair complexion. I'm also wearing the Oriflame Beauty Reveal Kit below my eyebrow line as I prefer to wear a shimmer there instead of continuing an eyeshadow colour up higher.